We spent a lot of time developing the brand strategy for IMXL before ever thinking about any advertising.
Starting point was clarity on the big picture aims for the business – once we had established this, we reverse engineered a plan on how to get there!
Prior to working on this project, IMXL ran an extremely successful course model which had one intake per year for an intensive 6-9 month course.
– Video first
– Short form content – 30 seconds or under
– Highlight pain points around indie artists registering their music for TV & film
– Build authority with social proof – Deraj had music placed on Call of Duty, NBA, Netflix and was a leading authority in the industry
– Educate around webinar benefits – free road map to getting your music placed
– Call out the audience – indie artists
– Call To action – sign up to a value packed free webinar to learn how to get your music placed in TV & film plus a free Q&A!
We ran 2 main offers throughout this funnel.
The first offer was a simple “Free webinar” ad, designed for lead gen. Based on the data from testing, what we found to work best was to focus messaging on potential financial benefits achievable from licensing your music.
The second offer was a standard price discount/special offer strategy on the webinar for anyone who purchased on the day. We increased conversion rates by providing large percentage discounts and also adding the option of payment plans.
Communication is a massive part of the service we provide.
We held weekly strategy calls with Deraj and the team in addition to daily coms in Slack and Click Up.
Strategy was the key to success on scaling webinar leads for IMXL.
Before we spent a penny on ads, creative, messaging and offer were all dialed in. Testing initially on small budgets helped to facilitate scale and achieve target CPL which when combined with webinar conversion rates, resulted in an extremely profitable campaign.
Transitioning to an evergreen model provides massive scale for the business on both short and long term time frames.